EXTENDING THE SERVICE LIFE OF YOUR IRRIGATOR
When using an irrigator, you must remember that any liquid other than pure water contains dissolved substances. These solutes will either quickly or slowly (depending on their concentration) precipitate onto the internal mechanisms (pump, control valve) or in the internal connecting channels (tubes, nozzles) of the irrigator.
Mainly consisting of salts and impurities, this precipitate will ultimately affect the device’s operating parameters (for example, by reducing its pressure, pump performance) or cause it to break down.
USING ALCOHOL-CONTAINING LIQUIDS, LIQUIDS WITH SUSPENDED MATTER, OIL LIQUIDS, AND OTHER LIQUIDS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE IRRIGATOR MAY LEAD TO THE IRRIGATOR BREAKING DOWN!
The manufacturer recommends using only pure water: filtered tap water or artesian drinking water, without adding solutions, extracts or elixirs. This way, you extend your irrigator’s service life, even when you use it frequently. Your irrigator will also no longer require any additional cleaning or rinsing.
However, if you do need to use special solutions, for example, when prescribed by a doctor, then to extend the service life of AQUAJET LD-A8, we recommend performing several simple procedures at regular intervals.
1. RINSING AFTER SOLUTION
Each time after using any type of solution, you must:
- fill the tank with pure water;
- switch on the irrigator and fully use up the contents of the tank;
- flush the tank with pure water.
2. INTENSE CLEANING (MONTHLY)
When you use special solutions or tap water with a high salt content, we recommend that you clean the internal mechanisms periodically, at least once a month, as follows.
- Prepare a cleaning solution – 1 tbsp of table (white) vinegar per 500 ml water.
Do not use this solution to irrigate the oral cavity!
- Pour the prepared solution into the tank.
- Turn on the irrigator and run the entire contents of the tank through the irrigator into the sink (or any container).
- You may use a smaller amount of the prepared solution if you place the irrigator handle in the tank and use the solution in a closed “from tank to tank” cycle. In this case, the rinsing time should be about 40 seconds.
You are not recommended to continue using the device longer than specified in the operation manual. This may lead to it breaking down.
- Clean the tank with the prepared vinegar solution using a sponge, then rinse with pure water.
3. CLEAN THE VALVE AND THE HANDLE (MONTHLY)
We recommend rinsing the valve mounted in the tank from time to time, at least once a month. To do this:
- using your little finger, press on the valve at the bottom of the tank;
- with your other hand, remove the soft white valve;
- wash it in a table vinegar solution (1 tbsp per 500 ml of water);
- wipe dry with a paper towel and put it back (inside the tank, the narrow side down). After mounting, the valve is supposed to move up and down freely, but not fall out of the hole.
To prevent losing the valve, do not store or leave it to dry outside the tank.
- Dip the irrigator handle and disconnected nozzles in the vinegar solution. Wait for 10 minutes, then rinse with pure water.
4. CLEAN THE NOZZLE CONTAINER (MONTHLY)
If you are using the AQUAJET LD-A8 irrigator, we recommend washing the nozzle storage container from time to time using a dishwashing liquid or a dishwasher. This will prevent bacterial proliferation in the nozzle-storage compartment.
5. REPLACE THE NOZZLE (ONCE EVERY SIX MONTHS)
Pay attention to the shape of the nozzle tip – the new nozzle features a correct round shape. Depending on the hardness of the water, frequency and manner of use of the nozzle, it may lose the desired geometry over time (it may get clogged by sediment or deformed). The nozzle ceases to generate a properly-directed pulse. Therefore, the manufacturer recommends replacing the nozzle with a new one once every six months.